header-photo

The Arrival Of My Hive


It took about two weeks from the time I ordered my hive, but it eventually came. I have heard that the best material for a hive is cedar, but mine is made of white pine. I plan on painting it with a latex base paint to help prolong the life of the hive. If you decide to paint your hive you can use paint or a good wood stain. When you paint, you should paint the exterior surfaces only.


I ordered my hive from www.betterbee.com. I liked their pricing, especially since it provided for the option of an unassembled kit. My starter kit came with the following:

-2 Deep Hive Bodies
-2 Medium Honey Supers
-40 frames with wax crimp-wired foundation
-Bottom Board
-Varroa Screen
-Inner cover
-Telescoping Outer Cover
-Top Feeder
-Hard Plastic Helmet
-Tie-Down Veil
-Smoker
-Hive Tool
-Entrance Reducer
-Beekeeping Book
-Leather Gloves


1 comments:

Greg G. said...

Keep up the good work!

Post a Comment